Certificate in Business Strategy - 1 day course
Certificate in Business Strategy - an intensive 1-day course
Every business needs to create relevant value to its customers by identifying and supporting a competitive value proposition. At the same time a business also needs to pay attention to and manage its resources to create this customer value in such a way that it makes a profit.
WHAT IS THE COURSE ABOUT?
In this one-day intensive Business Strategy course with IME lecturer Daryl Dunbar, you will learn / upgrade you knowledge on how to develop a powerful business strategy to position your business offer differently versus competitors; and how to best develop your business infrastructure and build your business configuration to continuously deliver on your value proposition.
You will be introduced to the key business strategy tools, like the SWOT analysis and Porter’s Value Chain. But even more importantly we will discuss some real-life business strategy challenges where your input and perspective are highly appreciated as well.
- The one-day intensive Business Course consists of two building blocks: The morning is about Introduction to Strategy. We discuss ‘What is Strategy?’ and why does an organisation need a strategy and what tools are available and how to use them.
- The afternoon is about Strategy in Action. We discuss understanding how Strategy forms and how to apply it in today’s world and your everyday situation.
- During this full intensive day with Daryl you will discuss different strategic analysis, strategic options, strategic choices and strategy implementation.
THE OUTCOME OF THE COURSE
- By the end of this workshop you will be able to analyse your organisation’s strategic position and from there develop different options (and understand the strengths and weaknesses of each of them).
- You will also become comfortable in choosing one strategy and then plan how to execute and implement.
9:00: Welcome & introduction of the lecturer
9:15-10:30: Introduction to the key concepts
10:30: Coffee break
10.45-12:15: Key concepts (part 2) & case studies
12.15: Lunch break
13:00-14:30: Strategy in Action: analysis, formulation & choice
14:30-14:45: Coffee break
14:45-16:00: Strategy in action: Implementation & review
16:00-17:00: Innovation - next generation strategy
17:00-17:30: Wrap-up for the day
SIGN UP DUE: 10 February 2019
PLACE: Hotel Hilton Singapore, 581 Orchard Rd.
PRICE: 1.100 SGD (excl. GST)*
* 10% discount when signing up 2 or more delegates